Fedora Hats are found atop many people’s heads. If you go outside and walk around, look for someone with a hat. Chances are the hat they are wearing is either a baseball cap or some type of fedora hat. A fedora hat is, to many people, the most stylish of all hats. Borsalino, one of the most iconic names in the hat industry, is known for their high quality fedora hats. You find them in and out of movies, on top of celebrities’ heads, and filling the streets. For example, look who we found at Preakness 2013, showing off his fedora pride:
Yes, that’s Kevin Spacey with GM of Stores, Jennifer Gerety.
What are the Types of Fedoras?
So, how many different types of fedoras can you come up with? Once you’re done, see if yours matches ours. Here’s the list of the types of fedoras we came up with:
1. Classic Fedoras – There’s no better place to start than the original, classic fedoras. To most, the word “fedora” always pops one image on their mind: the classic fedora. Most of our classic fedoras are made from 100% wool, such as the Belfry Gangster which could easily be found atop any mob boss’s head!
2. Straw Fedoras – Fedoras also come in straw. We love the hand-woven Panama Straw in particular and highly recommend it. Straw is a common material because of its bright feel-good feel that fits comfortably on any head. Its crack resistant liner makes it not only durable, but also comfortable for adjusting and readjusting many times over. Take the Belfry Washington for example; it’s stylish, lightweight, and comfortable. The perfect straw hat, without the itchy head.
3. Safari Fedoras – Safari fedoras are very similar to the straw fedoras, except in a different style. Many safari fedoras are also made from Panama Straw and have a noticeably different style than any other fedora. When you see them, you automatically think of an adventurer such as Indiana Jones. The brim on these hats is oftentimes noticed first. Coupled with a subtle band, these hats are the perfect fashion statement. Did you know we sell an Indiana Jones hat called the “Indy”? It’s a wool felt safari hat that is a must-have for Indiana Jones fans!
4. Pork Pie – The pork pie (also known as “stingy”) fedora style is a favorite among many because of its smaller snap brim. It became a fashion statement back in the 1990s and is still found today. History commonly shows pork pie hats coming and going freely. One day everyone has it on, and the next nobody has it. This is mostly due to releases of hit music videos, movies, and TV shows where characters/celebrities will show off their classic pork pie hat. The most recent example is likely Walter White in AMC’s Breaking Bad, where he is occasionally found with his pork pie fedora. Speaking of Walter White, our Belfry Be-Bop pork pie hat has a shockingly similar resemblance…
5. Trendy Trilby Fedoras – The trilby fedora hat is a type of fedora that also has its own category because of its unique tall and contemporary fedora style. Trilby fedoras are easy to travel with because of their crushability. They come with a classic pre-snap shape for an easy-to-wear comfortable feeling. Our Kangol Wool Arnold trilby fedora is the poster child for trilby fedoras. Trilby’s can also come in various materials such as straw, wool, and felt.
Fedoras are extremely fashionable and useful for just about any occasion. A fedora hat can be worn as a part of your business attire, when you’re trying to be serious, if you want to be mysterious, or if you just want to wear it casually. They are the signature men’s hat of this time and won’t drop in popularity any time soon, so if you’re looking for a men’s hat, start at our fedora section! If you’re interested in pork pies or the trilby fedoras, make sure you visit their own specific pages (yeah, they’re that popular!).belfry hats, fedora hat, types of fedoras