This classic top hat has a slightly shorter crown (5" crown and
a 2" brim) than our Madhatter Top Hat and our Stovepipe top
hat. Adorned with a grosgrain band and bound brim edges, this top hat
is great for just about any formal occasion without
breaking your budget. This wool felt topper has a very
distinguished looking style to it.
The Belfry Basics Collection
is akin to the woman's little black dress. This grouping
of hats quantifies hundreds of years of traditional
headwear. From the vintage English Derby to the staple
black men's fedora, these hats represent everything headwear
has ever stood for.
You've found the perfect hat, now which size do you order!
Most women's hats are available only in One Size Fits Most. Actual sizing varies from designer to designer, but in general they will fit a head with a circumference of 21 1/2"- 22 1/4". Some hats will fit a smaller or bigger head depending on the style. Please call us at 1-888-999-HATS or email us if you have sizing concerns.
Men's Hats & Caps
There are three types of sizing available in men's hats and caps. Numerical sizing and alpha sizing (small-xlarge) being the most popular with an occasional one size fits all. At the bottom of this page you will find instructions on measuring your head as well as chart to determine your numerical and alpha sizing. A one size fits all generally will fit a head with the circumference of 21 1/2" - 23" or a medium/large. Some one size fits all hats will fit a smaller or bigger head depending on the style. Please call us at 1-888-999-HATS or email us if you have sizing concerns.
Costume and Theatrical Hats
Most of our costume hats are one size fits all. Many of these are adjustable and others offer a universal fit. These hats will normally fit any adult size head, small- xlarge. Some of our theatrical quality hats are sized. These hats are sized in the same way that men's hats and caps are sized so check the chart above to determine the size needed.
|Measurement in Inches
||6 3/4 - S
||6 7/8 - S
||7 - M
||7 1/8 - M
||7 1/4 - L
||7 3/8 - L
||7 1/2 - XL
||7 5/8 - XL
||7 3/4 - XXL
- Fitting your head isn't an exact science or a guarantee of fit. -
Measuring Your Head
Using a tape measurer, a string and ruler, or print out our
custom measuring tool
, measure from the back of your head bringing the ends together at the center of your forehead right above your eyebrows. Use the chart below to determine your size, rounding to the nearest 1/8" as necessary.
Orders must be placed by 1pm EST for expedited shipping. All shipments outside of the continental U.S. can reference below shipping rates. -
Domestic Flat Rate Shipping!
UPS Economy Ground (3-10 business days) - $9.95UPS Regular Ground (2-6 business days) - $11.95
UPS 3-Day Select (3 business days guaranteed) - $22.95
UPS 2-Day Air Expedited (2 business days guaranteed) - $29.95
UPS Next Day Air Expedited - (next business day guaranteed) - $44.95
Our international shipping rates can be viewed
Please follow these few steps to ensure that your return will be handled accurately and quickly: (Un-worn merchandise only please)
If you are unhappy with your order, we are happy to return or exchange any item within 30 days of delivery.
2. There is no need to call or email us before sending back your purchase. Simply print and fill out this form, and send it in with your purchase.
3. When we receive the Return Slip and the hat, we will process your return usually in 7 to 14 business days. Please do not send items back that are over 30 days of delivery.
4. If the hat has any kind of tag on it, removal of the tag will void any return. Do not remove any tags.
In the same regard, any hat with
size reducing tape
adhered (stuck) to the interior of the sweatband is considered worn and NOT returnable.
5. Shipping charges are not refundable unless an error was made in shipping. No returns on Special Orders. We cannot accept returned hats if they have been worn or if they are damaged.
6. Please pack the hat carefully and insure the box through UPS. This allows us to help track the package if any problems occur. We are not responsible for hats damaged in shipping.
7. Make sure that the box that you return the hat in is in good, strong condition. If the box that we sent the hat to you in is now weak or damaged, please use a new box to return your hat in.
8. Christmas holiday season. All items purchased between November 11th and December 25th are exchangable and returnable until January 25th.
If you have further questions about our policy please call us at 1-888-999-HATS.
Return hats to:
Attn: Returns & Exchanges
Hats in the Belfry
42 Hudson Street, Suite 104
Annapolis, MD 21401